lundi 29 avril 2019

Peter Navarro's real world

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2019/04/at-harvard-peter-navarro-defends-trump-on-trade/?fbclid=IwAR2l_6BrDGIBv_rKps49x_aJHQ0Rm8wNqxYVbfty9dAT8AtXN1c7ySlyWsI


“And for those of my Ricardian colleagues who continue to resist such long-overdue change, I will simply remind you of what Professor Paul Samuelson once said about the difficult and painful transition from classical economics to Keynesianism in the 1930s. Quipped Samuelson, ‘Science advances funeral by funeral.’ I just hope I’m still around to see my own economics profession advance beyond the bankrupt Ricardian model.
“Ricardo is indeed dead. Under President Trump, long live free, fair, and balanced trade.”

In France could it be that Le Monde was right once? I cannot believe that it is this time. This ad hominem accusation, about Navarro's private life, cannot back any critic of his economic views. Did they read his book?
https://www.lemonde.fr/m-actu/article/2018/03/16/peter-navarro-le-protectionniste-en-chef-de-la-maison-blanche_5272080_4497186.html

Aucun commentaire:

 
Paperblog